• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Force Unleashed 'Ultimate Sith Edition' announced; screenshots, trailer, info.

DogWelder

5KU6Q.jpg

Quoted from Joystick:
LucasArts has announced that the "Ultimate Sith Edition" of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will hit this fall on PS3, Xbox 360, PC and Mac, bringing with it two new levels in the Star Wars Infinity canon. One, set on Tatooine, will see Vader's apprentice hunting down and battling Obi-Wan Kenobi, making a stop at Jabba the Hutt's palace along the way. For the other, which takes place on Hoth, the apprentice has become the master, and -- wearing the Vader-esque armor seen above -- scraps with with Luke Skywalker himself.

The Hoth mission will be exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition of the game; the Tatooine mission, however, will be offered as paid DLC on PS3 and 360 for owners of the less-than-ultimate original game. Additionally, the new edition will include all previously released DLC for The Force Unleashed on disc, including the Jedi Temple mission and various player skins.

It may seem strange to be launching a second edition of the title (and DLC) nearly a year after it was released, but The Force Unleashed remains the fastest-selling Star Wars game of all time (and has sold move than six million copies to date).
nSEgM.jpg

QgSQi.jpg

FdCuq.jpg

I6SJC.jpg

ALj1t.jpg

xZcEr.jpg

Trailer:
SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-star-wars/53017
HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-star-wars/53016

Info:
-Two new levels, includes all the previous DLC
-One of the two levels will be available as DLC
-PC/Mac versions announced
-November 3 release date (tentative)
-$39.99 (tentative)

Box art:
51IW7ruBzrL.jpg
51AGv46H5nL.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I wouldn't mind another playthrough with it(And some bonus content). I quite enjoyed it, so I'll probably give it a rent or a goozex.

It was pretty rough in the technical department.

Dead

well not really...yet
only 2 new levels?

Wonder if they will do more DLC?

Might get it when its on sale. Never played the Jedi Temple mission either...

topofuji

Banned
Crap, just when I bought the game on PS3 too!
Well looks like I'll have to push off playing this even further in turn of this updated version of the game...we can all bet on Trophy support too. :D

Enosh

Burai said:
The PC is stronger than you could possibly imagine.

I should edit this...
I am refering to the reason LA gave when they said they won't be a PC version. Something about only $3000 PCs being able to run the game

ZAnimus

jaundicejuice said:
Wait, so I can't buy the Hoth mission if I want but I can buy the Tatooine mission, that's kind of stupid.
Agreed. It's a really scaly move to make fans of the game buy the whole damned game again if they wanna play all the new content. There's no reason they couldn't have made the Tatooine mission DLC as well.

I'm so glad I dodged the bullet and didn't buy it the first time. Though maybe I should wait for another year after this is released in case they make an ultimate light side edition.

DodgerSan

ZAnimus said:
Agreed. It's a really scaly move to make fans of the game buy the whole damned game again if they wanna play all the new content. There's no reason they couldn't have made the Tatooine mission DLC as well.

Except there is a reason: gouging the fans in tried and tested Lucas fashion.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Enosh said:
I should edit this...
I am refering to the reason LA gave when they said they won't be a PC version. Something about only $3000 PCs being able to run the game

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

ZAnimus said:
Good odds this re-release will be at or near full price too, even though the original game is down at or below $20 most places.

As someone who owns the game and the previous DLC, I would really rather not have to buy it AGAIN for the complete experience. As much fun as I had with TFU,it certainly wasn't enough to get me to buy it twice. Hell, I'd probably pay for the content if they released it as DLC, but making me buy the game again for a little bit of content is over the line.

Plasma

Banned
Have the 360 version already but I think I'll have to pick up the PC version when it comes out.

Suddenly have the urge to go through the game again.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
squicken said:
They better fix the horrible Star Destroyer sequence.
I don't really understand the dislike for it.
Most of the complaints I've seen about it was someone not knowing or realizing what to do, and spend 30 minutes on it. Only to finally realize what they are trying to doing, and proceed to finish in like 5 minutes. It seemed much more like an intelligence/patience check :lol

I'm more interested if they fix the god awful clipping this game had.
**** that Rancor Graveyard. There is nothing more enraging then getting stuck on top of a bone.

Not to mention those invisible walls that forced me to my doom :lol

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I'll definitely check out the PC version but no Wii version? Didn't TUF for the Wii do over a million copies? I remember it being at around 750k in the U.S. alone at the end of last year and it still manages to break into the Wii's top 20.

it would be nice if they could fix the game to make it not suck. the one thing that just kills the fun of the game is there isnt a big invincibility window when you dash... if the game had that, the it could be a dmc//ng lite type game. but without that it just feels tedious, i don't really feel like a powerful force user when i get hit pew pew pew while i'm dashing around.

who am i kidding, they won't do that, it sold a lot, plus i'd just rent it if they did anyway...

I was thinking of picking up the game since it's $20 at GameStop, but I'd rather get this version. Don't mind paying full retail price for it either.

El-Suave

I wonder if they'll add trophies to this new release on PS3 and/or even patch them into the old game? Bought the game cheap recently but haven't played it yet, if such a patch would come, I'd keep waiting to play it then.

DodgerSan

shintoki said:
There is nothing more enraging then getting stuck on top of a bone.

Quality! :)

I never had anything like that, but I did have a great glitch on Bespin. I paused to check something on the menus, and when I cam back to the game everything was frozen in mid air like a Halo 3 saved film. I could turn the camera and fly around a limited area. Blaster bolts, particles and stormtroopers were all frozen and I could look all around. Could never reproduce it though.

This is 1st day bought on PC.

Also does this version come with the previous DLC released on XBL and PSN?
You know the skins and that extra mission?

Hero

Wait, how can the Apprentice fight old Obi Wan and Luke? He
died way before that at the end of the original release of TFU.

Or is something else up?

El-Suave said:
I wonder if they'll add trophies to this new release on PS3 and/or even patch them into the old game? Bought the game cheap recently but haven't played it yet, if such a patch would come, I'd keep waiting to play it then.
Trophies will be in this game without a doubt. Since all PS3 games after the first of this year must have them. I don't know about patching the original version, though.

Dead

well not really...yet
Hero said:

Or is something else up?
Sith ending

Hero said:

Or is something else up?

Dark Side ending.
Apprentice kills Vader and takes his place at the Emperor's side.

Am I reading this incorrectly? It sounds like they are going to have two new levels and one of those levels would be dlc? What's the point? Are they really going to charge 60 bucks again for this game? A re-release of a game for DLC? Ugh.
Looks kinda cool though

DXPetti

Banned
Definately will pick up the extra Tatooine level. Enjoyed TFU despite its technical flaws.

Will bet the exclusive Hoth mission is timed exclusive and will make its way to the owners of the original once all the fuss has died down

Dead

well not really...yet
TheExecutive said:
Am I reading this incorrectly? It sounds like they are going to have two new levels and one of those levels would be dlc? What's the point? Are they really going to charge 60 bucks again for this game? A re-release of a game for DLC? Ugh.
Looks kinda cool though
No

2 new levels

If you own the old game, 1 of those levels will be DLC

But if you buy the new game it comes with both new levels, as well as all previously released DLC content

Enosh said:
:lol
so PCs now have the power to run the game?

They never said that there are no PCs on the planet that can run this game.

But, at that moment, the game was probably not viable for porting, because no one is going to port a game that runs only on strong C2D/triple/quad core processors, because that is a very limited market (or at least, was a year ago).

:lol Lucas Arts said they wouldnt make any more of these games even if The Force Unleashed turned out to be succesfull... yup totally got your drift LA.

Nemic77

Looks great. Was thinking of getting the original for the PS3... Guess I'll wait for this version then...

Would be awesome if it was released at a reduced price, but I doub it...

The first DLC mission was a rip off, I wouldn't expect much from this. If the rerelease version of the game is cheap it would be a good buy for those who didn't pick it up before.

Top Bottom