• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Interesting how even the people who didn't like the game still completed it 100%.

It was the first HD Final Fantasy, people were fucking starved for those.

FF13 is a fun game. After 20 hours, that is. Luckily, to 100% you need to play 80 hours more so you forget about those first 20 hours, hah!

I 1000/1000 the whole Trilogy BTW *smug*

Flarin

me too man, complete action battle system does nothing for me and the cast is awful

with XIV ARR being the worst game ever made (I've now decided on this title for it just because of 400 hours of regret, ET only stole 5 minutes from me) I'm pretty excited to play XIII again..

You haven't played many games, have you?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is it me or is the first wallpaper in the OT mirrored? I've used the mirrored version of that for years.
It is mirrored! I'm sorry, I'll fix that asap (along with a few other mistakes in the OP)

TheTux

It is mirrored! I'm sorry, I'll fix that asap (along with a few other mistakes in the OP)

I just wanted to be sure. I felt so empty for a moment by thinking that I used a mirrored version of that for 2 years lol.

Edit: well I should've noticed by watching Lightning's hair.

iosefe

wow @ those reviews

toriyama:
60d.gif

HeelPower

il4a6vLNsJJnc.png

This is a simple contest that I felt that I needed to do. During the events of the FFXIII PC unveil, I was so god damn hyped that my initial hyperbole reaction was "I'M GOING TO DONATE THIS TO FIVE GAFERS". Of course, I knew that money is on the low side this month - but that's none of your business! Today, the only business you'll be making is (hopefully) getting a copy of FFXIII on Steam! So let's get on with it, shall we?

This contest ends exactly 24 hours after this post has been made.

What do you have to do in order to win a copy? If you've played FFXIII previously, jump to the second quote below. If FFXIII will be a brand new experience, just read the first quote below this sentence.

And that's it folks! Remember, it does not matter how fast you send your PM. As long as you send the PM before the contest closes, you'll have just as high chance of winning as anyone else.

Good luck!

this is too cute and adorable and nice :)

Grief.exe

It was the first HD Final Fantasy, people were fucking starved for those.

FF13 is a fun game. After 20 hours, that is. Luckily, to 100% you need to play 80 hours more so you forget about those first 20 hours, hah!

I 1000/1000 the whole Trilogy BTW *smug*

Do you need to do multiple playthroughs to 100% FFXIII?

Grief.exe

Achievements from the database

• name": "ACV_EVENT_00",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_01",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_02",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_03",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_05",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_04",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_06",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_10",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_09",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_10",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_08",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_07",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_11",
  • "name": "ACV_EVENT_12",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_03",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_06",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_11",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_00",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_00",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_03",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_01",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_05",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_07",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_08",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_09",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_05",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_04",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_06",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_02",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_02",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_04",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_07",
  • "name": "ACV_FIELD_10",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_08",
  • "name": "ACV_BATTLE_09",

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spoiler-free, but is there anything I need to be aware of from the beginning? Or is it all post-game content?

All post-game content. Just use the tips from the OP (scan your enemies and conserve your shrouds till the later optional bosses)!

aravuus

Achievements from the database

I'm willing to bet the event ones are story related, battle ones you get through defeating certain enemies and optional bosses (there were optional bosses, right?) and field ones you get for either finding all items in one area or finding a certain item.

Guess it is kind of hard to come up with imaginative achievements for a game like FF XIII though.

TheTux

Spoiler-free, but is there anything I need to be aware of from the beginning? Or is it all post-game content?

You mean items? Nah not really just try to have fun with the story.

You can visit all locations of Chapters 11 and 13 during postgame and usually those are enough to get every single item for the achievement unless you miss a lot of items earlygame which is highly unlikely.

Edit: feel free to ask my anything if you need help, even PM.

The review quotes, lol

Yea it's amazing that the FF brand name was able to carry this game so far. I'll wait and get this on sale but it in no way earned those review scores (the 9+'s)

edit:
Impressions from someone that played it once before: It's a fun game (and I'd say worth the $16 here), it's just not a fun FF game if comparing to prior entries.

Spinluck

Wonder how this will run and look on PC.

So weird that it took so long. It was a slightly above average game in my eyes, didn't hate it as much as others, and actually did not hate Lightning except for a few parts in the game where she's an asshole.

Would love an enhanced FFXII port if this does well. It's like they're dancing around it with FFX HD and this lol.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

If you care about having a complete bestiary and getting all items, remember to get every enemy's libra data and look around to make sure you don't miss any treasure spheres.It's really hard to miss any treasures though. You cannot go back to any chapter after you leave it, except this one for major and gigantic area which is basically where postgame would be.

And like some have said. Don't sell anything unless they say it's for selling.

Are the CG cinematics high quality like the PS3 bluray version or the crappy Bink Video compressed to hell and back files used on the Xbox DVD release?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Pretty sure they only destroyed the pre rendered cut scenes on 360 because they had to.

The PC version i expect to be consistent with the PS3 version...

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
At the moment the size requirement is worrying. Less than the PS3 version, more than the 360 version but also less than the size of the video files on the PS3 disc, which was about 34 gb.

antitrop

I'll try to pay closer attention to the story this time and see what happens. They lost me probably like, I dunno, 2/3 of the way through, last time?

LuuKyK

I'll try to pay closer attention to the story this time and see what happens. They lost me probably like, I dunno, 2/3 of the way through, last time?

Try reading the prologue (episode 0) before playing the game. It should help you understand the plot.

Edit: Someone linked the translations in this thread but I cant find it.

Edit 2: Here they are (careful though, episode i is an epilogue, meaning its full of spoilers and you should only read it after playing the game):

You should add the following links for the additional materials(Novellas & Ultimania info)

Episode 0

Episode i

Ultimania Info

More Ultimania info

These are actually a very good read.

Whogie

Still oddly excited for this. Even though I hate the plot and the extremely melodramatic characters -- Pulse is pretty fun, the music is catchy and also there's Vanille's voice.
More-so excited for XIII-2 though!

Boss★Moogle;132653339 said:
I''ll be surprised if it's not locked 720p/30fps.

SE has screwed us with framerate in the past (FFIII and FFIV), but I can't recall them ever screwing us in resolution. It's so shitty we have to worry about this though :p

Yoshichan

Ah, one day closer to the launch guys!

HYPE!

Top Bottom